In order to obtain an offer to study the Dual Award Programme, you are required to demonstrate that you have the correct level of English language competency to study the course.
To be offered a place to study the Dual Award programme, applicants are required to show that they are competent in English language, applicants need to have an IELTS Score of 6.0 above and scores on all components (reading, writing, listening and speaking) should not be less than 5.5.
In the event that an applicant has not achieved the necessary marks to meet the English Language Requirements, we are offering Pre-Sessional English classes:
|Minimum IELTS entry requirement||PSE course||Course start date||Cost|
|IELTS 5.5||4 week||Monday 27th July – Friday 21st August 2015
Monday 24th August – Friday 18th September 2015
Internal English Language Tests
To support your journey to join the Dual Award Programme we are pleased to offer English Language Tests for applicants joining the course.
Who can take the test? Booking Criteria
- Hold a conditional offer to study the dual award programme
- Have not previously taken the Coventry University English Language Test
What does the test cover?
Similar to IELTS, the test assesses all 4 components: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. It will take up to 4 hours to complete:
- Listening – you will be given two recordings to listen to. You must then answer questions related to these recordings.
- Reading – you will be given three pieces of text to read. You must then answer questions relating to that piece of text.
- Writing – you will be given two essay titles for which you will need to write an essay on the subject area.
- Speaking – you will have a short interview with the examiner where you will be asked questions on a variety of subjects.
Each test is timed and conducted in exam conditions.
Test dates and fees
International Officers will be visiting various countries to conduct English Language Tests for offer holders of the Dual Award Programme.
Dates and times to be confirmed.
Documents you need to bring:
You must provide:
- Proof of your identity (passport or national identity card) at registration, if you do not do this you will not be allowed to take the test and you will not be eligible for a refund or transfer.
- A copy of your ID (passport or national identity card)
- Your conditional offer letter for the Dual Award Programme
When will I receive the results?
You will be contacted by the International Office with the results of your test within 1 week.
We will simply tell you if you have met the entry criteria or not.
Results are not transferrable to any other Institution; they are only valid for the Dual Award Programme