The terms and conditions below apply to the content of this web site (the “Website”).
- These terms apply to the entire content of this web site (the “Website”). If you do not accept these terms, please do not use this Website. Coventry University updates these terms from time to time and any changes will be effective immediately on being set out here. Please ensure you are aware of the current terms. Your continued use of the Website indicates your agreement to all such revised Website Terms.
- Unless otherwise indicated, this Website and its contents are the property of Coventry University whose administrative offices are at Alan Berry Building, Priory Street, Coventry, CV1 5FB. The copyright in the material contained on this Website belongs to Coventry University or its licensors. The trademarks appearing on this Website are protected by the laws of England and by international trademark laws.
Submitting Information to the Website
- Persons submitting material other than University Information to this Website are solely responsible for the material and for any claims relating to its content, whether made against Coventry University or otherwise. Whilst Coventry University does not exercise editorial control over any content posted to the Website by users, Coventry University reserves the right at its sole discretion to remove any content which it has been notified is objectionable, whether or not the objection is substantiated, and otherwise to review, edit or delete any comments posted by users which it deems defamatory, unlawful, threatening or otherwise objectionable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and to the extent permitted in law, Coventry University accepts no responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties via the Website.
- Use of this Website by members of Coventry University is also subject to the Code of Conduct for use of ICT Facilities available on Coventry University’s policies page
- Coventry University will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any material published, displayed or submitted to the Website by any third party and to the fullest extent permitted in law, expressly excludes its liability for any loss or damage arising from the communication of such material through the Website.
- By submitting any material to the Website, unless otherwise expressly agreed, you agree to grant Coventry University an irrevocable, free of charge, non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual licence to use such material for any purpose.
Linking to the Website
- You may link to material on our Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Coventry University reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information on this Website, Coventry University regularly reviews the contents of the site which is subject to change from time to time. Coventry University makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the material or the Website and disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance by you on the Website and the Material. It is the responsibility of all students, prospective students and/or other visitors to this site to verify the accuracy of all relevant facts before entering into any financial or other commitment based upon them.
- Nothing on this Website constitutes any part of a contract unless otherwise expressly stated.
- This Website contains links to many external web sites which are not affiliated with Coventry University. Coventry University is not responsible for and has no control over these sites, and links to external sites should not be taken as a recommendation or endorsement of the external site’s information, products or services.
- Every effort is made to ensure downloadable content is free from viruses, spyware or other malware but Coventry University accepts no liability for damages resulting from virus infection.
- While Coventry University tries to make this web site available 24 hours a day, it reserves the right to suspend or withdraw access, without notice, to either the whole or part of the web site, for any reason.
- Unless they are contained in University Information, or unless expressly stated otherwise, opinions given on this Website are those of the individuals making them, and not those of Coventry University: Coventry University is not responsible for such opinions or any claims resulting from them.
- In no circumstances, to the fullest extent permitted at law, shall Coventry University nor or any of its officers or employees be liable for any loss, additional costs or damage howsoever arising suffered as a result of any use of this web site or the information, content, or products. Nothing will limit Coventry University’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These terms are governed by English law, and the Courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to them.
- If any of these terms is found to be illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the term(s) in question will be severed; but the remaining terms will continue in force.
- No waiver of any term shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Nothing in these Website Terms shall confer on any third party any benefit or the right to enforce any provision of these terms and conditions.